Sunday, October 16, 2011

Opio - Day 9

Today, we are traveling to Nice, France.  After a week of clouds are rain, I'm looking forward to the gorgeous Cote D'Azur.
We were picked up at the airport by two of our hosts, Patricia and Philippe.  They are really fantastic people, and we had a nice lunch at Patricia's house.
The countryside around Opio is incredible.  It's very scenic, and I had to serious work at restraining myself from taking 8000 pictures.  Here's a couple.

We stayed at a bed and breakfast type place right next to our hosts house.  This was the entrance to my room.
Dan, Adrean and I decided to go for a walk.  There is a big banner about our gig in the nearby roundabout!  How cool!
On our walk, we discovered a fruit tree of some sort.  Perhaps a fig tree?  Olives?  We weren't sure, but we definitely investigated. We tried to use our senses...


Afterwards, Patricia took us for a "touristique" drive to Antibes and Juan de Pins.  Again, it was gorgeous and we were all psyched to breathe the beautiful ocean air.






We found a beach at Juan de Pins and spent some time there.  I really wanted to swim, but I fought the urge (as I didn't have any swimming stuff on me)



Patricia's house is really slick.  Her and her husband Michel designed it themselves, and they have lots of stylish art.

We saw a particularly beautiful sunset


Afterwards we had a reception with the volunteers from JazzUp (who were hosting us.)  We put on a little impromptu concert in Patricia's living room.


 Some fun with the fish-eye lens.



Tomorrow, we hang in Opio and perform at night.  Last full day on tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment