Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 3 - Teplice

Today was a bit of a rough one.   I think this was due to the combination of little too much fun last night, going to bed at 4:30am and jet lag.  But we had a great gig, so that made it all worthwhile!

First off, a little aside about the van we are renting.  I was pretty sad when I saw our giant stupid black van.  I was excited about driving on the Autobahn, and this didn't seem like it would be able to keep up!
What I soon discovered is that even the vans in Germany are super-well made.  This one happens to be a Mercedes, and I was soon doing 150km/h on the Autobahn!

Now, back to our travels.  We hopped in our speedy van and drove 4 hours to Teplice, Czech Republic.  It was a beautiful drive through the country side, and we saw some beautiful stuff.  Unfortunately I was driving so I don't really have any pictures of that, but I did take this one while we were stopped getting gas. 
Speaking of gas, the super van only takes Diesel.  I went to the gas station in CZ and the nozzle didn't even fit in the tank!  But, I carefully filled it anyways, and only spilled a bunch all over me and the floor.  Oops.  I should have just followed the advice on the side of the gas tank, and played trumpet in a wheelchair.
We arrived in Teplice around 3:30pm at our hotel, the Hotel Dexter.  It was a neat place, with flat-like apartments.

After a brief rest (and run through the city by Dan and I) we headed over to the aptly named Teplice Jazz Club.  It was a cute spot, and we had a great gig for an appreciative audience.  





After sound check, Dan and I went on a little roam around town.  Here's some scenery pics! 



Tomorrow, we are off to Brno, Czech Republic.  More fun to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment